Please visit this page regularly to tune in to our changing diet of press comments.
Press comments: Chutney Mary
- The Square Meal Guide, when ranking Chutney Mary as London's
best modern Indian restaurant said
“There's no changing our conviction that this long established favourite .....is still the best Indian restaurant in town. A beacon of consistency, is' service, wines and food are always excellent” …… They called the wine list “stunningly creative”, and said “Margins are sensible and helpful notes guide you through what could otherwise be a food and wine - matching nightmare”
- The Harden Guide in making it the Best Indian Restaurant in London said: “… with an elegant modern refit a couple of years ago, this distant-Chelsea Indian has gone from strength to strength; wonderful contemporary cuisine, and helpful, knowledgeable staff make it the best all-round upmarket sub- continental in town”
- Fay Maschler - Evening Standard: “not so much Bollywood as jolly, jolly good.”…“Desserts are another revelation”…. “A look that is shimmering and seductive”
- The Tatler Restaurant Guide, in describing it as one of the jewels in the crown, and one of the best rooms in London said: “This is one of London's most stylish and glamorous Indian restaurants”
- The Zagat Guide : “Still evolving after all these years, the refurbished (Chutney) Mary is the king of Kings Road, boasting inviting décor, accommodating service, and sublime Indian cooking with a different zest that reveals some flavours that exist nowhere in the West”
- R W Apple Jr - New York Times: “Its menu... delivers flavours of remarkable complexity and intensity, drawn from cities across India, from Delhi to Lucknow, Cochin and Amritsar”
Press comments: Veeraswamy
Veeraswamy has been named as one of the 10 Best Destination & Special Restaurant in the World by National Geographic – the highly respected Travel and Geographical Magazine.
This award is in the new edition of 'National Geographic's 10 of the Best of Everything' which is sold world wide. There is no other restaurant from UK in the top 10. In giving this accolade, National Geographic described Veeraswamy as follows:
"Undoubtedly the best Indian cuisine in the world. The menu features classical dishes from throughout India as well as contemporary creations prepared by a team of regional specialists, each producing their own specialities. The restaurant's décor is equally spectacular"